- City: charlotte
- State: North Carolina
- Zip/Postal Code: 28205
- Country: United States
- Make: Yamaha
- Origin: Japanese
- Year: 1978
- Frame VIN: 212004573
- Engine VIN: 212004573
- Mileage: 13500
- Motorcycle Type: Other, Cafe, Enduro, Flat/Street Tracker, Off-Road, Restored
- Listed: September 11, 2017 7:58 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Offering my 1978 Yamaha SR500 thumper. By far the most fun bike ever. Great for a beginner too; so light, nimble and easy to ride.
– oil and filter
– battery eliminator (starts with a capacitor so never a dead battery!)
– forks serviced: oil, seals, wipers, polished
– drilled front and rear rotors
– new shocks (rear)
– new header pipe
– stainless steel engine screws
– turn signals front and back
– tail light / license bracket
– new chain and sprockets
– VM carb Mikuni (via Thumperstuff, specifically tuned for SR500)
– Uni Filter
– crankcase breather
– fuel line, fuel filter, petcock
– top end dual oil feed line
– paint on tank, fenders and frame
– Biltwell Recoil grips
– front master cylinder
– (not shown) bar end mirror
– stainless steel front brake line
– throttle assembly and cable
– decompression cable
– tires are like new
– shorty exhaust
– all brake internals rebuilt (seals, pistons, pads, the works)
– footpeg and shifter rubber
– LED rear tail, brake light, integrated signals!
I have some video and lots of photos of the restoration process. Happy to include in a google drive folder for the buyer to download. Also keep most of the paperwork for the new parts purchases.
Graphics on the tank are just stickers. you can leave on or peel off.
Bike is also listed locally so I reserve the right to pull auction early.
Only selling b/c there’s not enough room in the garage for all my projects. If it doesn’t sell, I will keep it at my office.
Feel free to send me your zip and I can get you a shipping quote. I have shipped several bikes cross country and it’s no biggie. Shippers are like eBayers, they just want to provide good service and get good reviews.
Oh yeah, here’s me firing it up (before Tuffside seat went on). you tube /4HXvTAGfALY and a short POV walk-around /ylr9oAvNqIw
More of my bike restorations on instagram @manfredwindsor
802 total views, 1 today